- Mix and match SD and HD formats, frame rates, and resolutions all within the same timeline
- Allow Pro Tools editors to sync with Mac-based Media Composer systems through Video Satellite
- Encode and deliver final masters in Panasonic AVC-Intra format, and let projects remain in their native format from acquisition to final delivery
- Instantly access and edit GFCAM 50- and 100 Mb-formatted media through AMA
- Be more creative and productive with new updates to the included Production Suite: new versions of Boris Continuum Complete, Sorenson Squeeze and SmartSound SonicFire Pro.
- Improved Stereoscopic 3D editing: Enables customers to view 3D material side by side in addition to over/under - ensuring greater accuracy of editing decisions and a wider choice of cost-effective monitors for stereoscopic viewing.
- Monitoring HD and SD cross-and-down converted formats from 1080p24 masters: Enables customers using Mojo DX or Nitris® DX hardware to view HD material on an SD monitor, eliminating the need to incur additional hardware costs.
Pricing remains at US $2,495 box, $2,295 download, $295 students. Upgrades: TBD, but probably the same: $295-$495.
Availability: September 30, 2009.
Note: Avid Media Composer v3.5, Avid Symphony v3.5 and Avid NewsCutter v7.5 will no longer be available for purchase starting on September 10, 2009. All orders accepted after this date will ship Avid Media Composer v4.0, Avid Symphony v4.0 and Avid NewsCutter v8.0.
Customers who purchased current software after September 1, 2009, are entitled to a free upgrade to the new version. Contact avid.com/protect for more info.
DV411 ProEdit systems currently qualified for Avid solutions, are expected to remain qualified with the new versions. Please visit our Avid-qualified systems page for more info.